29 September 2008

What I Learned at the Medieval Fest

Gentle readers,

So yesterday I went to the Medieval Fest up at Fort Tryon park (NATCH). It was super humid and muddy/soggy and mostly like this weird gauntlet of turkey legs and fried dough and goth teenagers. We were kind of watching the joust, and then I was all "methinks I need a cup of mead" (probably on account of being like hilariously hung over from tiki bar, whatever, I'm all about THEMES) but what I always always forget is that mead is totally sickenating. I chose the "dry traditional" based on my memory of some past mead (drunk with some wenches at the Renaissance Faire circa 2003) which was too sweet and so gross, but "dry traditional" tasted like elf pee or something. So, don't drink mead! But maybe we should, because um, the Long Island Meadery's bottle of "sweet traditional" features this label:

No comments: